> > Classes
Players may select from the classes listed below. Those marked with NPC will be limited to Non-Player Characters.
While the campaign is considered to be one where magic is uncommon, players will not be restricted from taking spell caster classes. However, players should review the classes, feats, skills, and spells before selecting a spell caster as there may be some adjustments that have been made to the standard rules.
- (uncommon): The barbarian is a brutal berserker from beyond the edge of civilized lands.
- (rare): The bard uses skills and spells to bolster his allies, confound his enemies, and build upon his fame.
- (uncommon): A devout follower of a deity, the Cleric can heal wounds, lend magical protection to his companions, and call down the wrath of the gods.
- (rare): The druid is a worshiper of all things natural; spell caster, a friend to animals, and a skilled shape-changer.
- (common): Brave and stalwart, the fighter is a master of all manner of arms and armor.
- Monk (not allowed): A student of martial arts, the monk trains his body to be his greatest weapon and defense.
- (rare): The paladin is the knight in shining armor, a devoted follower of law and good.
- (uncommon): A tracker and hunter, the ranger is a creature of the wild who is adept at tracking down his foes.
- (uncommon): The rogue is a thief and a scout, an opportunist capable of delivering brutal strikes against unwary foes.
- (rare): The spell casting sorcerer is born with an innate knack for magic and has strange, eldritch powers.
- (rare): The wizard masters magic through constant study that gives him incredible magical power.
ADVANCED PLAYERS GUIDE
- Alchemist (NPC; rare): The alchemist is a master of alchemy
- (uncommon): Mounted upon his mighty steed, the cavalier is a brave warrior, using his wit, charm, and strength at arms to rally his companions and achieve his goals.
- (rare): Scourge of the unfaithful and hunter of horrors, the inquisitor roots out the enemies of her faith with grim conviction and an array of divine blessings.
- Oracle (NPC; rare): Drawing upon divine mysteries, the oracle channels divine power through her body and soul, but at a terrible price.
- Summoner (NPC; rare; considered evil): Bonded to a mysterious creature called an eidolon, the summoner focuses his power on strengthening that connection and enhancing his strange, other-worldy companion.
- Witch (NPC; rare; considered evil): Lurking on the fringe of civilization, the witch makes powerful connections with a patron that grants her strange and mysterious powers.
- Gunslinger (not allowed): For a renegade few, battle sounds different than it does for the typical fighter. The clash of steel and the sizzle of spell energy are drowned out by the thunderous rhythm of gunfire—the pounding beat of the gunslinger.
- Ninja (not allowed): When the wealthy and the powerful need an enemy eliminated quietly and without fail, they call upon the ninja.
- Samurai (not allowed): Trained from an early age in the art of war and sworn to the service of a lord, the samurai holds a position of power and respect in many lands, often serving as the voice and justice of the local noble.
- Magus (NPC; very rare): The magus is a student of magical ability and martial prowess blending each into something entirely unique, a discipline in which both spell and steel are used to devastating effect.